When morning rolls around and you think about the last time you ate something — most likely dinner the night before — and how many hours ago that was, it makes you realize that breakfast time is time to refuel.
Mornings can be hectic, but when you’re seeking sustenance after the kids get dropped off at school or on your morning drive to work, you can fit in a quick meal or a working breakfast at one of these breakfast stops in the Lake Travis area.
1. Noble Sandwich Co. – A lot of eaters are already fans of their tasty sandwiches and pork concoctions, but did you know that every day Noble Sandwich Co. serves a mighty hearty breakfast too? We’re talking old favorites like blueberry waffles, scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy and chorizo tacos to boot.
One of my personal favorite stops along 620, their morning meals do not disappoint, especially when you order a fresh cup of coffee on the side. All of their creations are unique in their presentation and always delectable.
Breakfast hours: Everyday 7am-noon
2. Angel Donuts & Treats – Donuts are a great snack to grab-n-go, but you don’t need to back yourself into a breakfast corner that fast! Angel Donuts & Treats specializes in all sorts of doughy goodness — from donut holes to kolaches, you really have your choices cut out for you.
This is a place where the coffee is always fresh and the eats are colorful and ready to go. Make a point to stop by when you have a few spare minutes in the morning — you won’t regret it!
Breakfast hours: 6:30am-9pm
3. Don Mario Mexican Restaurant – A Lake Travis area favorite, you may have visited their first location off Hudson Bend before they moved to the new spot off 620 in 2014. Now, with an expanded dining room and a full bar it will be interesting to see just how popular this taco joint is going to get in the coming years.
If you’re in a hurry, you may want to call ahead and place a pick-up order for some of their mouth-watering breakfast tacos featuring eggs, chorizo, migas and sausage carnitas. They also serve tasty breakfast dishes like the Huevos Divorciados and a good old-fashioned pancake breakfast.
Breakfast hours: Monday-Thursday 9-11:30am, Saturday & Sunday 8am-3pm
4. Lola Savannah Coffee Lounge – Fans of The Grove will tell you about their amazing lunch and dinner menu items, but did you know that the folks next door at Lola Savannah Coffee Lounge serve up a pretty mean on-the-go breakfast as well? Gas up your brain with a fresh latte, homemade breakfast tacos, smoothies, and a variety of baked goods from Quacks Bakery.
This is an ideal spot for morning meet ups and working breakfasts with plenty of table space for talks over coffee.
Breakfast hours: Monday-Friday 6am-close, Saturday & Sunday 7am-close
5. Bee Cave Coffee – Located at the Hill Country Galleria is Bee Cave Coffee, one of the newer coffee shops on our list and a quickly-growing local favorite. Here you can recharge your devices, take in the morning newspaper and even tuck away a tasty breakfast in a short period of time. The eggs are cage-free, the coffee is locally roasted at Cuvee Coffee and some of the freshest you can find.
A warm breakfast here is centered around tacos, burritos and delicious croissant sandwiches which are paired perfectly with a steaming hot cup of joe to get your day going right.
Breakfast hours: Monday-Friday 6:30am-11am, Saturday & Sunday breakfast is served until noon