Submitted for our Just For Kids section by 9 year old Lake Travis area local, Addi Hower.
Say hello to the heat, and goodbye to the cold, because summer is here!
Here are some tips I have for you to stay healthy and safe.
- Wear Sunscreen – You should wear sunscreen to protect your skin. If you don’t, you could get skin cancer, which could kill you.
- Wear Bug Spray – You should wear bug spray, because mosquitos can give you West Nile.
- Wear a life vest when you go to the lake or pool if you can’t swim. You should wear a life vest at the lake, unless you are 13 or older. You should because if you can’t swim, and you will drown, you will die. You should wear a life vest at the pool if you cant swim, because if you don’t have adult super vision, you could drown and die.
- Always Stay Hydrated – You should stay hydrated because if you don’t you could get sick, or possibly faint.
- You should also stay cool. (cold) If you overheated, you could get sick, and/or faint. A fun way to stay cool is have lots of water balloon fights!
Here are some fun things you can do, and some fun places you can go to:
- Schlitterbahn is a fun water park. They have lots of water slides. They also have a lazy river. Some of their rides are The Black Night Tube Slide, Boogie Bay, Cyclone, Kinderhaven, Kristal River, Henry’s Hidout, Raging River Tube Chute, Soaring Eagle Zipline, Wolf Pack Tube Slide and more!
- The beach is always a fun place to go. Some fun beaches you could go to are The Bahamas, South Podra, Port Aransess, Galvaston, and many more beaches in Texas, and out of Texas.
- You could also go to the pool. There are neighborhood pools, the Lakeway pool, or you could go to the lake.
Those are some of the fun things you can do, and some things to keep you safe.