It’s about that time, Lake Travis. If you’re feeling spring-y and you’re ready for a party, think SpringFest, AKA “the biggest time in the smallest town.”
SpringFest, presented by St. David’s Emergency Center and the Lake Travis Chamber of Commerce, is an annual outdoor event chock-full of fun activities for the whole family.
This year, the 12th Annual Lake Travis SpringFest will be at the Hill Country Galleria, so you can expect to see some of your favorites from last year and a bunch of new soon-to-be favorites too.
Wait, what’s SpringFest?! Well, you’re in luck, because we’re breaking it down for you today.
SpringFest is an all-day festival designed to celebrate two things – springtime and the Lake Travis community. It’s filled with shopping, food, live music, cold brews, wine and fun activities for the whole family. They’re expecting a record number of attendees, so that’s why we’re sharing insider tips to help you navigate the festival.
Lake Travis SpringFest is happening Saturday, April 27 from 11am to 8pm. Here’s what you need to know:
- This huge event is happening rain or shine. As they say in Texas, “If you don’t like the weather, wait five minutes.” Unless it’s 102 degrees in June and then you have to wait about four months for cooler temps, but we digress.
- SpringFest will have things like a KidZone (almost as big as a football field) and Toddler Town (for the littles), performances and live music, as well as the Outdoor Lifestyle Expo (Boat Expo) featuring the latest in watercraft and recreation fun.
- You can sip local and regional craft beers and wine in the Craft BrewHaus and WineStomp.
- “Bark Avenue” will be a dedicated spot for your dogs and pet-related vendors
- More than 95 local and regional artisan vendor booths will be participating to make your shopping experience even better.
Lake Travis SpringFest Tips
- Performances featuring LT’s talented kiddos begin at 11am
- Bands will be playing from 2pm until 8pm
- This is a FREE event (admission & parking)
- You do need to buy tickets for the KidZone rides (pre-sale all-day pass for $15)
- Toddler Town is designed for all the toddlers (preschoolers) that aren’t old enough for the KidZone. Some free activities for the wee SpringFesters include: Gym Station (obstacle course), face painting, Aqua Pods + Bubble Wrap Station & baby trampolines
- WineStomp Tent and Craft BrewHaus are located on Central Plaza this year (prepaid tickets are required and can be purchased onsite for those of you who are 21 years of age or older)
- Many Hill Country Galleria shops & restaurants will be having specials during the event
- According to website, it looks like there’s going to be a movie at 8:45pm
Lake Travis SpringFest 2019 Performances
Electric Avenue Acro
620 Dance Centre
noon – 12:45pm
Yoga with GOGA! You must sign up in advance for this, and the class is limited to 30 participants.
1pm – 1:45 pm
Bark Avenue Contests
Lake Travis SpringFest 2019 Live Music
2pm – 3:30pm
The Texas KGB
4pm – 5:30pm
The Lucas Johnson Band
6pm – 8pm
Need more info?
Check out Lake Travis SpringFest for more information.
Editor’s note: The original version of this post was published on April 28, 2015, and updated for the 2019 event.
Images courtesy of Lake Travis Chamber of Commerce