Well “frightful” might be a stretch, but the colder weather outside definitely has us in the mood for the holiday season. Decorations are popping up and Christmas carols are playing on repeat in the stores. Ready or not, ‘tis the season!
The Hill Country Galleria really gets into the spirit, kicking off its holiday season this Thursday, November 20th with the 8th annual Tree Lighting event. Santa also makes his arrival, to the delight of kids from 1 to 92.
The family-friendly event features holiday music by The Vintage 15 and a special performance by the Lake Travis High School Cavalettes. There will be fun activities for all ages including singing, face painters, balloon artists, fireworks and more. Special guest Annaka Chesnutt, the CW Star, will be there to help welcome Santa.
The festivities take place from 6pm – 9pm this Thursday, November 20th at the Hill Country Galleria.
The tree lighting is just the beginning of several fun holiday themed activities at the Hill Country Galleria. A few other favorites:
Meet and Greets with Santa – If you don’t get a chance to chat with Santa Thursday night, you have plenty of chances to bring the kids — or pets — back to see him under the holiday tree. I really love this concept, because it truly does provide the chance for kids to interact with Santa. We visited last year and the Santa was fantastic. He laughed and engaged the kids, and there was no cost or pressure to purchase an expensive photo package. In fact, there are no professional photographers on site so guests are encouraged to bring their own camera and snap away!
Santa’s Hours are below, but check the website to confirm.
- Friday, November 21st 4pm – 8pm
- Saturday, November 22nd 12pm – 8pm
- Sunday, November 23rd 12pm – 6pm
- Friday, November 28th 12pm – 8pm
- Saturday, November 29th 12pm – 8pm
- Sunday, November 30th 12pm – 6pm
- Thursday, December 4th 4pm – 8pm
- Friday, December 5th 4pm – 8pm
- Saturday, December 6th 12pm – 8pm
- Sunday, December 7th 12pm – 6pm
- Thursday, Decemeber 11th 4pm – 8pm
- Friday, December 12th 4pm – 8pm
- Saturday, December 13th 12pm – 8pm
- Sunday, December 14th 12pm – 6pm
- Monday, December 15th 4pm – 8pm
- Tuesday, December 16th 4pm – 8pm
- Wednesday, December 17th 4pm – 8pm
- Thursday, December 18th 4pm – 8pm
- Friday, December 19th 4pm – 8pm
- Saturday, December 20th 12pm – 8pm
- Sunday, December 21st 12pm – 6pm
- Monday, December 22nd 12pm – 8pm
- Tuesday, December 23rd 12pm – 8pm
- Wednesday, December 24th 12pm – 6pm
Snow at Hill Country Galleria! Since we live in Austin where we rarely see snow, the Hill Country Galleria generously brings it to us three separate weekends in December. This is REAL snow, and may bet the first time some little ones have ever had the chance to make a snowman or snow angel. It’s free to participate, so bring the entire family. The snow is located just outside the Bee Cave Library from noon to 4pm on the following dates:
- Saturday December 6th
- Sunday December 14th
- Saturday December 20th
There are several other holiday themed activities and store events at Hill Country Galleria. For a complete list visit here.