Get ready to go big and get wet, Lake Travis. There’s a new floating aqua park headed your way, and it looks incredible. Go ahead and add it to your 30 Fun Things To Do This Summer list.
The eastern shores of Lake Travis are prepping to add yet another outdoor activity option in the form of a beautiful water park playground called Lake Travis Waterloo Adventures. It’s the brainchild of the owners of Lake Travis Zipline Adventures, Brian George, and John Shipley.
If you’ve ever been to Tulum, this new aqua park is reminiscent of parts of Xel-Ha Park minus the copious amounts of tropical fish. Or, Jurassic World-ish minus the dinosaurs. In other words, based on the natural surrounding and hillside views, you’ll feel as if you’ve stepped into an exotic location far from the hustle and bustle on 620.
The water park will feature all sorts of fun stuff like a 650-foot waterplay obstacle course with climbing walls and slides galore. Plus, local daredevils will appreciate the free fall slide, a climbing iceberg, and 24-foot wide trampoline. Think Jump Street on the water with fewer stinky feet.
Safety first & foremost
Owner Brian George explained the steps Waterloo Adventures is taking to ensure a safe swimming experience for everyone who visits the park. The required reservations help ensure the park won’t be overcrowded so that it will be enjoyable, even on the busiest of days.
Obstacle course elements will appeal to all ages and skill levels, so there’s something for everyone. Trained lifeguards will be on duty, and everyone who plays will be required to wear a life vest (provided by the park). The park is built with safety in mind, so Lake Travis boaters and ever-changing lake levels won’t be problematic.
What else you need to know
Lake Travis Waterloo Adventures is set to open on June 29, and they’re currently accepting reservations online.
You’ll find the park at the same starting point as Lake Travis Zipline Adventures, 14529 Pocohontas Trail. The price of admission is $50 and it’s an all-day pass to stay & play on the Waterloo Adventures property. Your entry includes a boat ride to “Adventure Island” and a 45-minute session on the obstacle course.
A few more fun factoids
- The park isn’t just a summer treat; it will be open through October
- The park will be open Thursday through Monday, 11am – 8pm
- You are required to know how to swim and must wear a provided life vest
- Anyone under 18 must be accompanied by their parent or legal guardian.
- Kiddos must be seven years old and at least 45 inches in height to enter the watercourse
- The $50 admission is the same for adults and children
- Admission to the park includes a boat ride to “Adventure Island” and 45 minutes of play
- If you’re craving more once you’re there, you can buy a second session for $10
- You can relax on floaties in the water and watch the Adventure Island fun
- Food and beverages will be available for purchase
- For adults: They will sell wine, beer, and frozen drinks (do they know their demographic or what?!)
Plan ahead, folks
To book your visit, you’ll need a few details:
- Step #1 is selecting your desired date
- Step #2 is selecting the number of people (you’ll see a note about age minimum of seven years old)
- Step #3 is choosing a departure time from the shore
- Step #4 is heading to your virtual cart and buying your tickets
- You will be able to see available, limited and sold out dates as you book, which makes planning easier
And don’t forget about the largest water park in America
Lake Travis isn’t the only spot welcoming a new water park. Our neighbors to the north in Round Rock are excited about the announcement of a Kalahari Water Park that will be opening in 2020.
This massive indoor water park will be the biggest one of its kind in the United States. It’s part of the Kalahari Resort that will house a hotel, convention center, adventure park, arcade, salon, restaurants, and shopping. Construction has begun across from Dell Diamond Baseball Park.
Now for the big question! WHO’S IN? Are you excited to give Lake Travis’ new floating adventure park a try? Let us know what you think in the comments section on our Facebook page.
Tag us on Instagram when you visit the water park so that we can see your fun pics!
Image: Lake Travis Waterloo Adventures