Last week, we mentioned Hill Country Galleria is partnering with DogSpot out of New York, to bring air-conditioned dog pods to HCG mall property. As of this week, they’re up and running next to LOFT and Chisos Grill. In fact, your dogs are now trendsetters, because HCG is the first in Texas to use these houses.
When you go inside to shop, you don’t have to tie your dog to a pole or a bench and leave Fido in the heat by his lonesome. He can lounge for up to 90 minutes in a roomy, VIP, pooch pod fully equipped with A/C, a doggie cam, windows, etc. Just read the awesomely simple instructions on the side of the DogSpot. “Yes, we’re serious.”
On a personal note, isn’t this is a hilarious concept to cat owners and moms?
First, imagine putting your cat in one of these things. Second, can we put our children in them? I don’t know about you, but my teenage son would much rather sit in an air-conditioned hut and game on his iPhone that shop with his mama …
Per HCG, no, you can’t put your kids in them. (Dang it.)
How does DogSpot at HCG work?
- To get started, you need to download the DogSpot app. Think Uber.
- The dog houses can accommodate dogs up to 100 pounds.
- Pods are bolted to the ground and made from powdered aluminum, the same material used to make cars. The front window is made out of shatterproof polycarbonate.
- Between uses, a self-sanitizing UVC light comes on to kill icky germs.
- Houses have a Puppy Cam inside so that you can keep an eye on them.
In the coming weeks, HCG will be adding more pet-friendly amenities like pet waste stations and doggie water fountains.
‘Bark to School’ photo shoot
- Hill Country Galleria invites you to pose with your pup this Saturday & Sunday.
- Sessions will be held inside Suite C2-110 located across from Cinemark, near Francesca’s and White House Black Market.
- Saturday, August 11th — 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Sunday, August 12th — 12:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- A minimum donation of $15 includes a digital download of your pup’s bark to school photos.
- All proceeds benefit Bow Wow Buddies Foundation, an organization that provides grants up to $2,500 to pet parents and rescues with emergency or urgent medical needs.
Meet pet sitter Pam Bilderback
We get so many inquiries from our LT friends in search of a pet sitter … Here’s a name to remember: Pam Bilderback. She’s a fantastic pet sitter in the Lake Travis area. She’s been a vet technician all of her life and her genuine love of animals is obvious from the moment you meet her.
From pet sitting to grooming to caring for animals who need medical attention, Pam goes above and beyond. Oh, and not just dogs and cats, Pam has extensive experience with horses too.
Are you enjoying summer fun with your dogs? Post a pic of your pampered pooch on Facebook or Instagram @LakeTravisLifestyle. Use hashtag #LTdogdays for a chance to see your pups on LTL.
Images: Cathy Hale, Pam Bilderback