It’s a million degrees outside. Kids are going back to school. Traffic is about to be 10x more miserable.
Let’s beat the melt-your-face-off-triple-digit heat and back-to-school blues with a little Lake Travis trivia. Put your phones down; don’t talk to Alexa and step away from Google. Who wants to get schooled? Time for a pop quiz!
- This is currently Austin’s third hottest summer. What year was Austin’s hottest summer?
- What is the highest lake level ever reached at Lake Travis?
- How many days did we have 100+ temperatures in 2011?
- Guess how many photos of Lake Travis we’ve posted on Instagram since February 2019?
- Can you name the six lakes that make up the Highland Lakes?
- How big is the biggest catfish (by weight) that has been caught in Lake Travis?
- What year did Lake Travis Lifestyle publish its first article online?
- Where is the deepest part of Lake Travis?
- What’s the temperature of the hottest day ever recorded in Austin?
- What year did Austin have its coldest July morning on record?
- The hottest summer on record happened in 2011. Who remembers that? Whew, it was cray cray hot.
- The highest Lake Travis ever reached was 710.44.
- In 2011, we had 90 days of 100+ temperatures.
- We’ve posted 38 photos of Lake Travis since February. (Some of those pics are pools, not lakes!)
- The lakes that make up the Highland Lakes are Buchanan, Inks, LBJ, Marble Falls, Travis, and Austin.
- According to online records, the biggest fish (by weight) caught in Lake Travis was over 54 pounds — a flathead catfish). In Lake LBJ, a catfish came in at 71.4 pounds!
- Lake Travis Lifestyle posted its first-ever article written by Todd Hower in 2013.
- The deepest part of Lake Travis is located between Volente and Hudson Bend, where the depth is 210 feet.
- In July 2018, Camp Mabry recorded a temperature of 110 degrees, the hottest on record.
- We just broke this record! On July 25, 2019, the ABI Airport’s “official” thermometer read 58 degrees, making it the coldest July morning in Austin since World War II.
How many of these questions did you get correct? Let us know in the comments section on our Facebook page.